DO YOU KNOW WHY HOME AUTOMATION IS GOING MAINSTREAM?
The Home automation industry is rapidly growing and now evolving more to a converged offering with integration of Lighting Controls, Safety Security Sensors, Voice Enabled Systems, Entertainment and many more. Advances in the areas of Apps are also changing the user interfaces and it is becoming much more user friendly and simple for users to manage, even on their handheld devices. The concept of smart homes is growing steadily in urban homes across India. Pune is currently the biggest market for home automation in India and accounts for 15 percent of the overall market. The growing market share of smart homes in India can be attributed to the growth of IT hubs and HNWI’s (high net worth individuals). HNWIs are concentrated in NCR, Punjab and Gujarat while IT Hubs are primarily located in Pune, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Noida and Coimbatore.
Here is the list of 5 major factors that is helping Home Automation market to be in the mainstream:
- Increasingly Cost Effective: Home Automation used to be a luxury segment earlier catered to only by products from outside India, however with the Make In India initiative underway, many home automation products are designed and made here to world class standards, improving the economics. The new systems can also be undertaken in bits and pieces (e.g. Safety only, or Security only or Lighting only) to allow affordable deployment in many homes.
- Increasing Acceptance: As per a report by money control, in India, the market for smart homes has been growing steadily. Every year, the uptake of smart homes in India is increasing by between 15-18% in tier 1 cities and by between 5-10% in tier 2 and tier 3 cities. With both spouses working, home automation is regarded as a desirable solution to keep homes safe while they are not occupied. While this awareness is slightly lower in non-metro cities, people in metro cities understand the system and its features.
- Need for Energy Savings: With high electricity bills being a headache for the home owners, any energy saving option is an added advantage. Many home automation systems include sensors that automatically turn off the lights when not needed or use schedules to do the same. Not only does this allow homeowners to reduce their eco-footprint, but it allows them to enjoy significant cost savings in the process.
- Ease of Use: Practically everyone has a Smart Phone these days. Smart Apps make it easier to access and use Home Automation systems without the need for specialized interface devices. The internet also makes access feasible from anywhere. Designs of Apps ensure that users experience simplicity so that any user irrespective of age can use it comfortably while keeping their option of traditional physical switches. BuildTrack is one of the companies which offers such Home Automation Systems.
- Retrofit-ability: Consumers are not willing to change their existing switches or they don’t want to engage in re-wiring, but still want to experience and use Home Automation. In such cases, the wireless options are the only ones that can be used, restricting the options available to the customers. BuildTrack is one of the few Home Automation systems that work with any of the existing switches and can be wireless, that mean retrofits are easily possible!